I think we should also ask ourselves if the IDE NetBeans must promote
JUnit 5 or not.

I don't see a big push from actual users for JUnit 5. And for most
users JUnit 4 is quite adequate (and I wonder how many are picking 5
because it's newer versus because they are actually missing something
in JUnit 4).

The IDE should promote unit testing, that's for sure. A given unit
testing library... some data would be nice.

--emi

https://coolbeans.xyz/ - CoolBeans: An IDE for Java, JavaEE, PHP and more!