For the custom processor we have, we are extending the
AbstractNifiProcessor.java.
The processor is used to scan metadata of an incoming flow file.
The error we get in logs is as below.
2019-08-13 23:21:21,529 ERROR [main] o.a.nifi.controller.ExtensionBuilder
Could not create Processor of type org.apache.nifi.init.InitiateScan for ID
6fbe2407-7799-3908-f4c4-bf2f8940bf1e; creating "Ghost" implementation
org.apache.nifi.controller.exception.ProcessorInstantiationException:
org.apache.nifi.init.InitiateScan
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.ExtensionBuilder.createLoggableProcessor(ExtensionBuilder.java:425)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.ExtensionBuilder.buildProcessor(ExtensionBuilder.java:191)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.flow.StandardFlowManager.createProcessor(StandardFlowManager.java:298)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.flow.StandardFlowManager.createProcessor(StandardFlowManager.java:274)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.addProcessGroup(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:1262)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.addProcessGroup(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:1389)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.addProcessGroup(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:1389)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.sync(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:362)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.synchronize(FlowController.java:1296)
        at
org.apache.nifi.persistence.StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.load(StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.java:88)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromBytes(StandardFlowService.java:812)
        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.load(StandardFlowService.java:557)
        at
org.apache.nifi.web.contextlistener.ApplicationStartupContextListener.contextInitialized(ApplicationStartupContextListener.java:72)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:953)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:558)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:918)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:370)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startWebapp(WebAppContext.java:1497)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1459)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:848)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.doStart(ServletContextHandler.java:287)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:545)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:138)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:117)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:138)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:108)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.gzip.GzipHandler.doStart(GzipHandler.java:403)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:138)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:117)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:167)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:138)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:117)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:138)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.start(Server.java:419)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:108)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:113)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:386)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
        at
org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:935)
        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:158)
        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:72)
        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:297)