On Feb 15, 2008, at 4:03 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Not working, the tables are not created. Now I get this:

Auto-commit can not be set while enrolled in a transaction

I'm very interested in how you got this error so I can fix any related checks we have. In 3.0-beta-2 I attempted to make it impossible to get this error -- apparently unsuccessfully :)

Info that will help:
 - the persistence.xml
- let me know if you're using PersistenceContextType.TRANSACTION (default) or PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED in your @PersistenceContext annotation - the openejb log output so I can see what kind of configuration ended up getting used.
 - your test setup code

The "Auto-commit" error usually means is that either a) only the jta- data-source is configured in your persistence.xml so OpenJPA incorrectly attempts to use it also as an non-jta-data-source, or b) the non-jta-data-source specified is actually a jta-data-source (i.e. a Resource where the 'JtaManaged' property isn't set to 'false')

In 3.0-beta-2 it's impossible to set jta-data-source to a JtaManaged=false Resource or to set the non-jta-data-source to a JtaManaged=true Resource. Also, if you don't supply either jta-data- source or non-jta-data-source, we will create Resources for you with their JtaManaged property set accordingly, and set them as the value of jta-data-source or non-jta-data-source, so it's also impossible to not have them filled in as we will fill them in when you haven't. The thing I've noticed in the code now is that our "make a managed/ unmanaged datasource for you" code could be smarter and needs to be improved -- it should take the one you defined (if there is one), copy it, set the JtaManaged flag accordingly, then use that.

As an FYI, I've been taking all these exchanges and using them to help fill out the docs:

  http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/jpa-usage.html
  http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/openjpa.html

I have an empty Hibernate doc waiting in the wing:

  http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/hibernate.html

-David