David Blevins schrieb:

On Jun 25, 2008, at 9:38 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I run a test which provokes an application exception. The exception is
defined in the same module and annotated with
@ApplicationException(rollback=true). The Exception is rolled back.
Fine.

Another test checks also an exception. The exception is not from an EJB
module, but from an imported API. The exception has the same annotation,
but the transaction is not rolled back. It seams to me that the
annotation in this class is ignored.

We definitely don't check the annotations at runtime, simply because you can override them via the deployment descriptor so the "merged" set of meta data is the only safe thing to execute against at runtime (not if we expect to pass the tck anyway ;). But as you point out we just check the module itself for @ApplicationException annotated classes.

I don't have them annotated in the deployment descriptor. This would be very uncomfortable, because each module which uses the exception from the other module would have to do this.

Hmm...

Is the annotated exception class listed in any of the throws clauses of the business interface methods in module B?

Yes, it is.

(where module A has the exception class, module B does not)

If so, we could expand our support to looking there too in addition to scraping the module jar.

Would be nice.

Thanks,
Karsten

-David