David Blevins wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> I'm not sure what would cause this issue.  We should try isolating
> things so we can figure out where to look.  First thing would be either:
>
>    a. swap out the OpenJPA version in your OpenEJB 3.1 install with
> OpenJPA 1.0.1, or
>    b. take your working OpenEJB 3.0 install and upgrade your OpenJPA
> version from OpenJPA 1.0.1 to OpenJPA 1.1.0 or OpenJPA 1.2.0
>
> I'd go with b.  If that recreates the issue than you can rule out
> OpenEJB and update your post on the OpenJPA list saying you know it
> isn't an OpenEJB issue.  If it doesn't recreate the issue than we know
> it's something on our end and we can dig deeper.
>
> -David

David,

Looks like OpenEJB3.1 is the culprit.  EJB3.0 with JPA 1.0.1, 1.1, 1.2 and
1.3-SNAPSHOT work as expected, but 3.1 with any of the JPA jars fails.

This sample  http://www.nabble.com/file/p20631026/sample.zip sample.zip
should give you a head start recreating the scenario.  I had to remove the
OpenJPA jars to fit within the file upload size limit, drop them into
sample/lib and you should be good to go.

The sample/test folder contains the junit xml results of the test case under
the various classpaths.

Thanks for your help,

Jim