Hello everyone.

After having worked on something else (conception mainly with loads of UML2)
I'm coming back to the Plain Old Java Coding...

I'm willing to give a try to the @Remote concepts which I don't know at all.
Basically, I have an OpenEJB + Tomcat combo hosting my server application
which itself contains many @Remote classes. On the other hand I want the
same combo hosting my client application which rely on the remoted classes
from the server.

I would like to know if ther is some kind of configuration to "let the
server InitialContext merge into the client InitialContext" might sound
ridiculous and/or naïve... Just let me know... but as far as I've searched I
don't find anything of interrest...
What I've done so far - 80% of code monkey copy/paste your examples - is
starting a OpenEJB + Tomcat server and starting a JUnit test case with a
RemoteInitialContextFactory linked to the server through httpejbd (I guess)
whithout problem. I can easily hit the remoted beans that works great.
But this initial context does not discover my client ejbs as the
LocalInitialContextFactory does.
On the other hand, I didn't find anything to tell a
LocalInitialContextFactory to search also into a remote directory...
So far my only guess is to manually create a Locator-like object wrapping a
RemoteICF and make manual lookups into it. Maybe it's just the way to go...

Another question arises from that...
Is there any support to propagate a transaction started from the client to
the server ? It seems that this is an optional requierement of the EJB3
specs...

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help !!!

JuanMa

BTW : Is there any registering to do to post answers to other people's
questions ? I would like to pay back a little for your great support by
helping some people here (up to my little knowledge though)