Hi

We have a big problem in performance. We are using JProbe to inspect what
happens in our code and there is a critical business method which is
required to have a high TPS but unfortunately this method is doing its job
really slow.

Using JProbe, we found out that in a simple query or persist methods
(merger() / persist()...) those methods related to OpenJPA's enhancer such
as pcReplaceField(int), pcNewInstance() and generally pc* methods have long
duration in compare to our methods.

As I read in OpenJPA manual the enhancer is engaged to obtain higher
performnce but in action we see a different result.

Do we missed something that make enhancer not work properly or is there
anything else we should consider?

I also enabled the data caching but strangely the performance has been
decreased!!!

Please share your exprience with me.

OpenJPA 1.2.0
Sun Java Application Server 9.1

-----

persistence.xml

            <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="oracle(batchLimit=0)"/>
            <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SubclassFetchMode" value="join"/>
-->

value="buildSchema(foreignKeys=true,schemaAction='none')"/>

            <property name="openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults"

value="ForeignKeyDeleteAction=restrict,JoinForeignKeyDeleteAction=restrict"/>
           <property name="openjpa.RestoreState" value="all"/>