> I was very astonished getting a
QueryCacheStoreQuery$CachingResultObjectProvider object as result.
I don't think that is quite the case.... You're getting a List
implementation back, but under the covers OpenJPA is hiding this
CachingResultObjectProvider.

> So what is going on here? I don't understand. Do I have to convert
something manually?
I spoke with Mike a little about this one, and I don't think what you are
trying to do is going to work. Setting the fetch batch size to a value
greater than zero means that OpenJPA will return you a result that will
stream results as they are requested.[1] This works fine when you are
processing a result set locally... when you try to stream this result out to
a remote client, OpenJPA doesn't have the ability to request additional data
from a remote client.

I'd recommend getting rid of the fetch batch size configuration.

Thanks,
Rick

[1]
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_lrs