A couple quick thoughts/debug suggestions for you :

- Can we get a copy of your persistence.xml file?
- Can you try to run with 2.0.x to see if something was introduced in the
original 2.0 implementation effort, or if it came sometime after?
- Have you tried setting your fetch graph to be entirely loaded by the
default fetch group? I know this probably isn't ideal, but it might be an
interesting data point.

If you are able to trim the test down into something consumable by others,
I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

Good luck,
Rick

--
*Rick Curtis*