On Wednesday, 6 February 2013, at 13:30:50, Joel Ikenberry
<joel_ikenbe...@live.com> wrote:

> Here is what I need to know how to do:
> 1. Format different page numbers- Title Page (no number)- Dedication Page (no
> number)- Table of Contents (roman numerals)- Preface (roman numerals)-
> Prologue through all chapters ( starting at page 1)- Acknowledgments
> (continuing page numbers)- Appendices/Index (continuing page numbers)
> 2. Create a traditional Table of Contents (like in any other novel, no
> business topics or sections and complete with a leader)
> 3. Design headers to display book name on one page, chapter title on the
> next, continuously
> 4. Vertically align a paragraph

the attached file is an example of handling points 1--3 (i really hope the
attachment would reach at least the poster himself, if not the list). every
paragraph, except placeholders in parentheses, has been assigned a custom style
(see 'format/styles and formatting' and choose 'custom styles' from the
drop-down list), and so have been the pages.