At 12:34 10/04/2013 -0500, Dale Erwin wrote:
In previous versions of OOo, when an existing document was opened in writer (I don't know about other components), it was opened at the same place in the document where it was closed the time before. I find that function rather useful and do not understand why it has been eliminated. Would it be possible to get it back?

This is not an answer to your question, but there are two facilities useful as workarounds: reminders and bookmarks. Set reminders by opening the Navigator and clicking the (paper clip) Set Reminder icon. Set bookmarks at Insert | Bookmark... or again through the Navigator. You can get back to bookmarks and reminders in various ways, using the Navigator or the Navigation toolbar (which are different things). It is a good idea to get used to exactly how to use these, which is perhaps not well explained in the help text. Note that - once you have configured it - you can use the effect of the Navigation toolbar directly from the three buttons at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar. Probably the simplest way to return to a bookmark is to right-click in the Page Number field at the left of the Status Bar (at the foot of the window) and select the appropriate (named) bookmark from the context menu.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker