On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 18:19:09 -0400
"Jean Gunn" <jgu...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Hi I just downloaded open office apache for the first time. I am used to
> Office. Having difficulty formatting the page I am using. I have to
> continually format the page or app that I want on every line. Is there
> something I can do???? Thanks

You need to drasticly change your method of working, as OpenOffice is _not_ a
clone of MS Office, no matter what people think. It offers much the same
functionality, but this is arrived at by different methods of working.
OpenOffice makes considerable use of Styles.

You may find this document helpful
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Templates_and_Styles

It may also be of use to Internet search for "using styles in OpenOffice"

The consistent use of Styles requires a paradigm shift in one's method of
working and it will not be in your first major project when you realise how
powerful this method is.

You may also ind it of use to bring specific problems to our Forum at
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>