On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:23:39 -0800
Scooter <scoo...@scootersdesk.com> dijo:

>Good Afternoon Group,
>
>I'm glad the war is over, I was worried.
>I had a major catastrophe [I lost my OS] Dec.31 And its taken me 2
>weeks to recover. Boy! What a time you all had!
>
>This email from Austin brought up a question I haven't asked: Is there
>a AOO or open-source replacement for Microsoft's Publisher?
>
>I've tried Presentation & Draw but can't quite get what I want.
>Also, I have several xxx.pub files I can't use.

What you want is Scribus. It is far more powerful than MS Publisher. And
I believe the current development version has an import filter for MS
Publisher files. Plus, of course, it has import filters for OO/LO
writer documents which preserve the styles.

But if you are not familiar with page layout apps you may have a
learning curve. The important thing to remember is that it is page
oriented, so each page should be considered a container. Whatever you
put on a page stays on that page until you move it. Text doesn't flow
like it does in a word processor. It's a bit like if the only way to
place text in an OO/LO document was in frames.