-------- Original Message --------
From: Elba <elba_raq...@yahoo.com>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:08:56 -0700

> How can I get this annoying pop up to go away? I cannot edit my existing
> documents and OO is useless. Is there a solution to this?
> I have tried uninstalling and installing and nothing helps.
> Please respond ASAP.

You need to delete the folder "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is
in the "Saved Application State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Known bug listed in the release notes, with solution for the problem.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

The issue has been resolved in the next version 4.1 due to be released
very soon.

Dave