At 14:02 14/05/2014 +0200, Maurice Dorscheidt wrote:
I am getting a bit >:o . I downloaded the newest version of OO 4.1.0 because the older version said: new update available. since I have downloaded the new file NOTHING works any more. I can not install OO because of a fail 1316 some windows installer file for Open Office401msi will not work. tried to uninstall the older version and clean my PC. Can not uninstall due to the same failure?

There is nothing wrong with the version of OpenOffice; instead, something has become corrupt in your Windows installation that is preventing installation or removal. Windows Installer error 1316 tends to happen if your system is restarted or powered off when a previous installation was incomplete. You may need local expert help to put things right with your PC before you can successfully install and use your new version of OpenOffice.

Here are a few things to try:

o Remember to restart your system whenever prompted to, as well as before and after using some of these techniques.

o Do you remember when you first tried to update the product? Use Windows' System Restore facility to return your system to a checkpoint before the problem occurred. You will now get back to your previous version of OpenOffice and can - at your leisure - remove this and carry out the new installation correctly.

o Is your current download corrupt? Delete the downloaded installation file (not the installed program itself). Go to the web site (www.openoffice.org) and download a new copy of the current version. Try the installation again.

o Go to Control Panel and attempt use the proper technique to remove any versions of OpenOffice listed there.

o Where is your downloaded copy of the new version? If it is not on your PC's hard drive, copy it there. Restart your system and try the installation again.

o If all this fails, go to http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall and run the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter. Follow the instructions carefully. Restart your system and try the installation again.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker