Hi all
I tried this on my Mac and am afraid to say from a VoiceOver user's prospective it's not working very well at all. If you plan to make it accessible then may I respectfully suggest you make it accessible on all supported platforms. In Mac Os X just press command-f5 to activate VoiceOver and listen to the speech while you use OpenOffice.

Christopher Hallsworth
Student at the Hadley School for the Blind
www.hadley.edu