On Sat, 31 May 2014 02:55:33 -0000, Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com> wrote:

I created a multi-slides (66 slides so far) presentation using one of
the templates.

When I preview the slideshow in AOO 4.1,everything looks fine.

As soon as I export the presentation to MS Powerpoint, and load it in
MS Powerpoint Viewer 2007, the background bitmap, which looked
stretched to fill the whole screen and as such with text centered on
it, becomes 1/3 of the screen on the powerpoint viewer 2007, and as
such text gets overlaid over the borders of the bitmap.

What is going on here?. Obviously something having to do with AOO 4.1
Impress making the background bitmap "stretched to fill the screen",
and on the contrary, that attribute is not carried over to the PPT
export, so MS Powerpoint Viewer 2007 just shows the bitmap with its
original absolute pixel size (not stretched) and as a result text gets
over the borders...

if the autofit option does not work properly, you may set the background image size
directly: open 'format -> page -> background', uncheck 'autofit' and 'original'
and set width and height as you wish.