Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I'm attempting to format my novel using
OpenOffice and am having difficulties with the page numbering. I'm entirely
illiterate when it comes to your support forums which is why I'm contacting you
via this website.

I've enlisted the "Manual Break" function, which works for me. The initial
blank pages and copyright is one break, unnumbered. Next, for my contents and
preamble I have another break, numbered with roman numerals, then my title page
(two pages, the second one blank), which I want unnumbered, and then the
prologue begins at Page 1.

The problem is, even though the title page(s) are their own break, when I add
page numbering to the body of the book, page numbers then insert themselves
into the title page(s). If I delete them from the title page(s), they delete
themselves from the body of the book.

How can I avoid this?

Jason Shannon