On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM, geoffrey.schulz @dslextreme.com <
geoffrey.sch...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> For the last time, OpenOffice crashed and deleted all my hard work.  I say
> the last time, because I am uninstalling it and will never use it again!

Open Office has been over 15 years in the making (counting only from the
time Sun Microsystems bought Stardivision) . All software has bugs, and
bugs are fixed. That's why Windows downloads updates via WindowsUpdate
every "Patch Tuesday" and why Linux is updated all the time via your
package manager/system updater.

If you look in the changelog for the soon-to-be-released version 4.1.1, you
will see several bug fixes related to crashes too.
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/milestones/4.1.1-rc3-r1617669/AOO4.1.1_fixes.html

Why don't you wait a few weeks and then try the updated 4.1.1? It would be
silly to make a drastic determination based on a handful of nasty bugs that
have been already fixed.

FC
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell