The documents show as orange icons (if that is the right terminology) on
desktop or in my documents and when I try to open them a box comes up
headed Microsoft Office and says "this program is unable to run because of
missing or corrupted files.   Contact your computer manufacturer"

When using Open Office 3 before if I wanted to send an attached piece of
writing I had to change the file from Microsoft 95 to Microsoft 97/2000/XP
so that the recipient could read it.

Some have the Open Office icon next to them and open perfectly.

--
Pip Woodcock,
2049 Cowichan Bay Road,