On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 3:24 AM, john allen <highfl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I sent this email and attachment some time ago but have heard nothing.

John, sorry for your difficulties getting information.

First let me recommend you to use the NeoOffice Forums for support. It
doesn't seem you've tried there (I searched your name and email on the
NeoOffice forums and nothing was found). To try the NeoOffice Forums go to
the link below and post your question.
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=search

As to the problem you're having 'ranges containing merged cells can only be
sorted without formats'...

When using a spreadsheet the information that's being operated on, in your
case sorted, is considered to be a "range".

So "ranges containing merged cells..." is the work you're trying to sort.

Spreadsheets are grids of rows and columns. Each intersection of a row and
column is a "cell".

Adjacent cells can be joined together or "merged" creating one larger cell
that occupies more than one column or more than one row.

Sort rearranges the rows based on values in the columns.

Sort doesn't know what to do if all the cells in the range are not the
same, e.g. a 10 x 20, 30 x 15, etc grid.

Your error message is saying that at some point some of your cells have
been joined together. If you created the data then it is something you did.
If you got the data from elsewhere and pasted it into your spreadsheet then
it could have come that way from the source.

To do your sort the cells must be "unmerged". The method to do that will be
specific to NeoOffice. So the NeoOffice support forum is your next step.