Hello Ingrid,

On 21/11/14 at 8:10 PM, ing...@superiortrvl.com (Ingrid Ream) wrote:

Good afternoon,

I have the most current version of openoffice.org 4.1 and can not open an
excel document. Is there something additional that I need to do

so I can open the document? or does this version not support opening the
docs in excel? I am using windows 8.1 if that makes a difference.

Is this the first time you are trying to open an Excel document in OpenOffice, or the first time you are unable to open an Excel document with your latest version of OpenOffice?

If you have never used OpenOffice before:

1. Do you know how to run 'new' applications under Windows?

2. Have you already explored all possibly ways to open documents with a given application? This includes: a) Starting OpenOffice, opening the File menu, and selecting the file via the "Open" command b) Locating the file you want to open, Ctrl+clicking its name and choosing OpenOffice from the drop-down/pop-up list of available "Open with..." applications

If, instead, you have used OpenOffice before and only recently have become unable to open any Excel files using OpenOffice, maybe there are security features preventing you from running your latest version of OpenOffice.

If you are not familiar with/do not know how to check any of the above, could I suggest that you get help from someone who can give you a hands-on tutorial.

If you would like to report back to the list, that would be great.

marina

[Message sent to ing...@superiortrvl.com (Ingrid Ream) privately, as well as to the list]