Hi,

shivam educational society schrieb:
Dear Sir/Madam

I am facing a problem regarding not opening of multiple instance of Open office.
actually I am running a LAN for our Computer LAB in which all the
workstations are connected by N-Computing with Server. Openoffice
packages are installed on server but it is not opening on all
workstations. It support only one instant at a time and displays an
error message on other workstations i.e. "Cannot open on multiple
instant, It is already opened on other instance".
Kindly help to resolve this issue, so that it can can be opened on
multiple instant.

Do you use N-computing as server-terminal solution or do you have installed virtual machines on the server?

In the first case you only need to run OpenOffice once. But the users cannot start it with double-click; provide instead a link for each user which sets the environment by -env:UserInstallation=<path to user folder>. This approach might work too, when you use virtual machines and OpenOffice runs on the host, simple try it.

Or if you use virtual machines, let each user install OpenOffice into his virtual machine and run it in the virtual machine. But that would contradict the aim of N-Computing to save hardware.

As far as I understand, N-Computing is no server-client solution.

Kind regards
Regina