On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 12:12:28 -0500
"Vincent A. Juliano" <vjuli...@optonline.net> wrote:

> The application “OPENOFFICE” cannot be opened, is the box that comes up
> whenever I try to open an .odt file.
>

> It happened 2 weeks ago and my son who was visiting was able to fix it but
> now I’m alone and I have no idea what to do….besides almost ALL my files are
> now OO.4 files.
>
> In helping me please be VERY SPECIFIC. I’m almost computer illiterate.  Well
> not to ALL that illiterate but pretty stupid!
>
> I would early like to get this fixed for good.   Can someone please offer a
> suggestion or two, or three?
>
> Thanks
>
> Vince

As you are using a Mac (evidence from posting headers), you probably have the
"restore windows" problem.

A fix is given in this posting
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53884#p235213

I understand that the problem has been fixed in more recent OpenOffice releases.

Download these only from
www.openoffice.org/download
You will be automatically redirected to SourceForge servers, where the files
are stored. Your download will start automatically in five seconds - no need to
click on anything else.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>