xena_r wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm tryng to replace carriage returns in a list of email addresses in
> Open Office writer text document.. On-line blogs say to use n or p but
> when I use these find/replace doesn't find anything. I have checked
> 'regular expressions' on.
>
> I've even tried the add-on extension folks suggested. That version
> couldn't find them either.
>
> I even typed the paragraph symbol in using option + 7 in the 'find'
> window but it couldn't find them either.
>
> I have nonprinting characters turned on.
>
> What am I doing wrong here? I just want to remove multiple carriage
> returns in a list of addresses.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Elena

Elena;

With regular expressions turned on I believe either \t or ^$ will find
what you are looking for. Also in the AOO help files on the index tab
search for regular expressions and you will see a listing for list. That
link will take you to a list of regular expression with a short blurb on
what they will find.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Keith