I am in need of some help.  I went to the forum site and registered.  I wanted
to post my problem but they said I was too “NEW” and
 could not participate.  So what is a person to do?

This is my problem.  Could you tell me where to find help.

I have Open Office version 3.4.0 (April 2011)  and my Mac has  OS X Yosemite
10.10.1

I mostly used the write feature.  I tried to quit Open Office but keep getting
this window.  “The last time you opened Ooo -dev it unexpectedly quit
while reopening windows.”  Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?  If
you choose to reopen windows you have
to open and position the window yourself.  Don’t Open  / Reopen. “

No matter which button I select I can not close the box.  If I manually shut
the machine off the same box reappears.  I can not print, copy,
save, etc. in Open Office.   I can not even delete the program because it says
the program is still open.  Tried to download a new version but it will not
work … maybe it will not override the old program.

I tried looking at the forums and its seems that others have the same problem.
They have a solution but I can not figure what they are
referring to or talking about.  I am not a techie so I need step by step help
with specific instructions.

Hoping someone out there in Open Office Land can help me.

mackay