My operating system is Windows 7 & I have open office version 4.1.1

I am writing a book with many appendices that have photos.  Page numbers are in
a footer.  I have no problem renumbering most of these so the result is
consecutive page numbers from appendix 1 through appendix 60.  The problem
occurs with renumbering pages for some of these appendix files of two or more
pages having photos.  Each appendix file has a heading which becomes the first
paragraph.  I put the cursor in the heading; click format/paragraph/text flow
and change the page number.  When I click OK on the files I have a problem
with, the page number changes; BUT the heading moves to the end of the file.
In some cases the first page content is deleted also.  So the result is the
heading either at the end of the file, or at the beginning of a blank last
page.

I did get page renumbering to work successfully one one file that previously
gave problems as described above.  I changed the spacing between the heading
and the first photo on the page.  Then the page renumbering worked
successfully.  But this same solution did not work for other files with the
same problem.

This problem also occurs for files on which I previously was successful in
changing the pages.  In these cases, I just needed to increase page numbers by
one due to my editing which resulted in one more page.  But this next page
renumbering caused the same problem described above.

I would appreciate your advice on how to solve this problem.

DBJensen

P.S. I previously asked this question on December 10, 2014, but did not receive
a reply.