I see the thread you are objecting to.

I agree the tirade about OOXML (to which a few others of the Forum team added
their voices) is not useful with regard to the discussion that started in 2012
and continued there into the end of last year.

Your concern about the attitudes expressed there and the assertions of various
facts that one might wonder about the veracity of is noted, and I am answering
your message with my Apache hat on.

Meanwhile, did you get your question answered?

If not, I suggest that you create a free OneDrive account and see if you can
accomplish what you want by uploading an .ods, then opening it there via the
Microsoft Office Excel web application.  You should be able to download the
resulting .xslx file too, if it satisfies your needs.  If you are starting from
a .xslx, all the better.  Upload that.  Microsoft should provide as much
fidelity in the Web application as you are likely to get anywhere, aye?

That avenue is all free and works in most modern browsers.  It also works from
some devices, but there may be more limitations.

You might need to be on Windows to get the download as XSLX to work for you.
You can always make the document semi-public and send a link to the persons you
want to have it.  They can download it themselves and even co-edit it with you,
if you allow that.

See https://onedrive.live.com/

See https://office.com/

(These web apps are going to work with DropBox in the future, but it apparently
isn't soup yet.)

Please let us know if this solves your immediate problem,

 - Dennis

PS: For any follow-up, please reply to users @ openoffice.apache.org where
other experts may have advice and others can learn the solutions to common
problems.  The OpenOffice Forums have an extensive knowledge base at
https://forum.openoffice.org/,