Jim McLaughlin <jjim.mclaugh...@gmail.com>:

> I am looking for a way to import into OO a form created by a  third party
> with Adobe in PDF format.  I want to be able to fill out the form with my
> computer, rather than print a  blank form and fill in by hand.
>
> For reasons not known to me, the third party did not create a fillable PDF
> form, which I can fill out with the 'puter, either within OO or with Adobe
> reader.

so, the form is just a compilation of field labels and series of underscores or
drawn lines or rectangles instead of meaningful input boxes. in such a case, i
think, the easiest way is to take snapshots in good resolution, insert them
into a writer document in background and place frames on top of those lines or
rectangles. i used to do so.

another way is to insert typewriter comments over the input lines in a pdf
reader. adobe's latest reader allows typewriting.