On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 7:25 AM, stuartjobl...@optusnet.com.au <
stuartjobl...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>         I have been trying to download Open Office over the past few days
> without success
>      using a number of different web sites detailing your program.

Please download only from https://www.openoffice.org/download/ . This is
the official site. Once the download link is clicked you will be redirected
to Sourceforge. Wait a few moments after redirection and the download will
begin automatically.

>     The download appears to succeed with the final screen advising the
> programme
>     has been succesfully finalised and is now loaded onto your computer.
> But no part
>     of Open Office is visible and does not appear in the programs files.
> Is there any other
>     way to load this program ?

Please note, the download DOES NOT install the program. It copies the
installation program onto your computer. Once the installation file is on
the computer it must be "run" to complete program installation. Depending
on the browser you're using the cues to run the program will be different.

If you're using Windows and the installation program has been successfully
downloaded do the following to complete installation...
1. locate the file in the folder it has been downloaded into
2. right click the file
3. from the menu that appears select "run as administrator"
3.1. if no option "run as administrator" then select "open"