On 04/06/2015 12:08 AM, Ralph Manns wrote:
Sirs.

When I first used Open Office many years ago I was able to open and use  all
of my word perfect files.  A year or two ago
I tried to update to a newer versions of Open Office, but could not access my
old files.  I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled  anold 3.0 (best
guess) version.  At that time I could still use and convert my WordPerfect
files.  Somehow recently, likely an upgrade to OpenOffice 3.4.1, I l again lost
the ability to recover  WordPerfect items.  I appear to merely get a few lines
of code. when I ask my open office to open these WP items. I am able to
recover and use the odt text items created since I first started using Open
Office.

Can you help?

Ralph Manns
fishinfoserv...@gmail.com

I assume that you're running Linux, rather than Windows. Either way,
WordPerfect 12 is not very expensive, if you can
find a copy, and it will run on Linux in a somewhat fussy manner, but it _will_
run in wine.

--doug