I would add that, if there is some specific concern for critical documents,
that a technical preview version of Windows 10 be installed to confirm that
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 and any future versions operate correctly with those
specific documents and the details of operating with them and of formatting
that you depend on.

This can be done in a virtual machine or other arrangement.

Microsoft is going to continue the technical preview (actually called the
Insider program) beyond release of Windows 10.  The latest update under that
program is very close to the version that will ship, and the final version will
be provided.  Since previews of future updates to Windows 10 will be provided
to the Insider program, it is valuable to keep such a system handy for
verifying that there is no destabilization of your critical applications and
documents.  It is perfect for continued interoperability verification although
it should not be used for production work.

 - Dennis

PS: Windows 10 roll-out is going to be in waves of automatic update, even on
machines where the "Get Windows 10" fixture has been installed and activated.
Not everyone will update on July 29.  Even when the update has been downloaded,
the user has some choice in when the update is actually installed.  And
eligibility for the update extends out a full year from July 29.

PPS: I have not seen an end-of-life notification for Windows 7.  "Mainstream
Support" ended in January 2015, but Extended Support (security fixes, etc.)
continues until January 2020, 10 years after the introduction of Windows 7.
There are just not going to be any further Service Packs or feature changes.  I
think it is a good idea to upgrade to Windows 10, but there is no critical end
of support at this point.