In Writer in OO 4.1.1:

File> New > Labels

You'll get a box with three tabs.  The first tab (Labels) gives you a
panel on the right side about 2/3 of the way down the panel to select a
label format by  label manufacturer and form number, *e.g.* "Avery 5160
Address".

Other parts of that panel give you the opportunity to custom define a  label