I don't care about the spam problem caused by the list distributing my address, but I do care about email going into the wrong box. What the author does to his email, shouldn't effect what the list sends me. How am I supposed to configure a filter for email coming in with random addresses?

On 1/11/2016 2:16 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 13:12 11/01/2016 -0700, John Hart wrote:
Every once in a while the OO list server sends an email with the subscriber's address in the From: so it goes to the Inbox: or Spam: instead of OO:.
From: =?utf-8?q?syrovy=2Ev?= <syrov...@centrum.cz> <--------*LOOK*

You have this rather confused. *All* messages come with the author's address in the From: field. This message from you came with your address in its From: field; anyone who wants it has your address. This is as it should be: that is the purpose and function of the From: field. The difference in the message you quote is that the To: field did *not* contain the list address. Was this put into a Bcc: field by the author?

People get enough spam without OO distributing their addresses.

The list always gives people's addresses (though some web interfaces suppress these).

Someone should look into and fix this problem.

No problem: someone shouldn't.

Brian Barker