On 03/29/2016 10:32 AM, Vince wrote:
Hello fellow AOO users:

The other day I wanted to make use of the AOO-Calc Help function from the menu bar, but I was given an error message about Java file corrupted or invalid version and that I should install a different JRE.

I am using Win8x64. Thought that all was okay with regard to Java requirements, but something was wrong.

How can I verify which JAVA run time is installed and that it is the correct version? When using Tools-OO-Java, I am told that Oracle Corporation version 1.8.0_73 JRE is already installed.

I do not recall how to locate the JRE within my hard drive. Back in the 2015 Fall, I did a OS reset from Win10 back to Win8.1, and I do recall that both x32 and x64 JREs were installed on C: drive at that time.

It appears to Not be a problem now, and Calc has been running as expected all along. Could this be a timing issue?

Regards,
VinceB

The most likely problem is that you are should be using the 32 bit version of java because your AOO is 32 bit.

Dan