The "tech support guy" would not have been anyone representing the Apache
OpenOffice project.  It sounds like the "clean up" program may have been
malware of some form.  That is a common ploy to convince users that they need
to install what is in fact unnecessary and unwanted software.  How did you
locate and communicate with that person?

You need to find a way to have that software removed from your machine.  I
recommend getting advice at an Apple store.  If you have concerns that the copy
of OpenOffice that you installed is also not legitimate, you can have that
removed also (or uninstall it yourself), and then download and install one via
<http://www.openoffice.org>.  Check that you obtain one that works on the
version of OS X on your Macbook Pro.

Note that Apple, Microsoft and others do not "cold call" users, and those who
pass themselves off as some sort of support don't know if you really have a
computer, that it has problems, etc.  It could be that scammers have you listed
as a Macbook user by virtue of the original call and/or the clean-up program
being installed.