The .wps file was produced by Microsoft Works, and to my knowledge, only Works
will open it. If you can find a copy somewhere, open it and save as .txt or
.rtf in order to be able to save the content. The formatting will be mostly
lost, but you’ll have the content that can be opened by AOO; then you can
reformat it if desired.

Jim