Hi. I’m Jordan Hamilton.

I have a problem with my openoffice program. I am currently teaching in china,
so having my word processor available is extremely important, and I can’t
necessarily get to the right website for whatever assistance that might be.

My dictionary told me to update, and I had problems getting to the right
website, or getting the right file, for that. I’m not sure what happened
because I’ve been busy for the last few weeks, but my dictionary shut down. It
forgot everything!!!!! Every word is underlined, like it’s misspelled. I have
no idea how to fix it. No support page that I have been directed to has helped.
Uninstalling, and reinstalling hasn’t helped, and neither has the “Repair”
program in windows. Adding dictionaries doesn’t do anything except bring up
error messages that say that the files that are in the folder aren’t there, or
the files I’m trying to create aren’t there. A big, frustrated “duh!” there.

I’ve always been a fan (and installer) of openoffice. I love what you do. I
love the idea behind your approach to software. But this issue that I’ve been
having has shown me some of the flaws in your website, and support applications.

You need a support crew, with an easily accessible email address. If it’s on
your website, you should be able to help people fix it, instead of them having
to go to other 3rd party programmers that we can’t necessarily contact.

Can someone please, please, please assist me in fixing my issues? And explain
to me what might have happened, and how to stop this from happening in the
future?
I’ve never seen this before. I’ve tried for the last half day to fix it. I’m at
wits end.

I’d be very grateful for whatever help you can offer.

Thank you, for providing a great program for all these years. I’m sorry that I
couldn’t fix it on my own, but this program is important in my work.

Thanks, again.

Jordan Hamilton