Hi,

The latest version is 4.1.3. Download it only from:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/
Yes, it will install fine. Better remove the old one if not removed
automatically.
You'll still be able to access your documents. No need of any kind of transfer.
If you use macros, beware, there were some changes around 4.x version if I
remember correctly. Some extensions (add-ons) may be disabled.

Beware, you're not subscribed to the list. You may miss other replies.

Hagar