As others have noted, with regard to OpenOffice 4.x.x the answer is
basically  "Yes".

I am going to espouse heresy here.

I have used OO about 4 years.  When I started, it was a  reasonable
alternative to the Micro$loth product.

Over that time period, IMHO OO has gone downhill.  Too many bugs not fixed;
too many problems ignored.  (The user profile / dictionaries /. spell check
being only the most common one.)  Its a  result of too few volunteer
developers.  I don't have those development skills, so I can't help with
those issues.  I am a  tool user, not a  tool builder.  I think I have
found a  tool  which suits my needs better, that being LibreOffice.  I am
in the process of running both suites in parallel and think that I will be
eliminating OO sometime after the New Year.

Libre Office is available at:

www.libreoffice.org

LibreOffice is the same price as OpenOffice, i.e. free.

I have no economic or proprietary interest in either OpenOffice or
LibreOffice.  Just a fellow looking for a  better tool.