On 18/01/17 10:32 AM, Girvin Herr wrote:
Yes, I have seen that too. Usually a new spreadsheet may print until at some unpredictable time in the future, it stops printing. I don't know why it changes. I have not tested it. IMHO, the whole print ranges process should default to "Entire Sheet" for all sheets, including added sheets, unless changed.

That's exactly what it does, if no tab has a print range defined (the default) than it print all sheets where it finds data. E.g. if you have data in Cell B6 and X12 than it print from B6 to X12 if you have some data on an other sheet it will check
where you have data, if the sheet is empty it will not print that sheet.
But if you have a print range defined on just one sheet, even if there is no data, it will print just that print range, an that is
what you want.
If you're unsure where you have a print range defined just do a print preview.

That is probably what the vast majority of users need. The way it is implemented now is a PITA. If you have 10 sheets, you need to set Print Ranges for all 10. That is excessively labor intensive, which is prone to error.

In complex spreadsheets you probably have many sheets were you maintain lookup tables, like employee names, purchase price and sales prices etc. it's most likely you don't show your customers your profit margin.
Most likely you only send them an invoice.

Glad to hear it worked for you.

Girvin