On 2017-01-22, 8:48 PM Karanita Stinton wrote concerning "please register with
apple...":

Hey there
I just downloaded open office, only to find my mac will not allow me to open it.
After further investigation, I found that it may be because you are not
registered with apple???
I understand if there are extenuating circumstances to the reasons behind your
not registering with apple, however, a note to downloaders would be nice

You can open Apache OpenOffice on your Mac. I have been using it on my Macs for
years.
From the release notes at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues :

   Known Issues
   For macOS users:
   Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac OS
X. This is a
   feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X systems.

   For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at the
following link
   to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store to run. See the
Mac support
   article https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202491

   For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the
icon of the app.
   Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears. Click Open in the
dialog box. If
   prompted, enter an administrator name and password.This is needed just the
first time you
   launch Apache OpenOffice.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese