And now with copy to OP

On 24/01/17 7:01 AM, Abbey Road wrote:
I have followed the instructions in the Help Menu but *I STILL CAN NOT
PRINT AN BLOODY ENVELOPE TO SAVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!*

You need a colour printer to print BLOODY envelopes.

This is so frustrating! I did it once - obviously a fluke - and now I can't
manage to print one single envelope.

It comes out printing the wrong way(goes width wise instead of length) and
it started to print my letter...on the envelope!!

Normally it print only what you instruct the printer to print, so probably your instructions need a bit modified.

If you would kindly lay it out for me, step by step, how to do this, I
would be very grateful because

This depend much on the type of envelope you use.

For a blank envelope:
Create a new document and go to Insert -> Envelope..
The window that opens has tree tabs:
 - Envelope: for this example leave all fields blank
- Format: here you can position the Addressee and Sender and the Size of your envelope - Printer: here you control the position and rotation of the address. Printer settings when entered will be saved in the document, so the next time you use the same document you don't need to redo all these steps.
When done click New, this will create a separate document.

For a window envelope:
I must admit that I don't see the logic as described in the documentation, it's hard to position the address block with the previous method. So I insert a Frame which you can position exactly as you need. In this frame you can type the addressee or insert database fields and do a mail merge.

  I am either going to throw my printer over
the balcony, or I will bite the bullet and buy Word.

You blame the software and throw away the hardware that doesn't make sense to me.

Thank you.

Abbey