I am trying to enter a case-specific text string into a Calc cell. The string has both uppercase and lowercase and numerical characters. It appears that Calc is remembering similar/previously entered strings and forces those to appear within the cell, i.e., changing a lowercase to an uppercase appearing as the first character, or changing a lowercase to an uppercase where the character is not the first nor the last character within the string. The format for the cell is "Text". Clearing cell's all content and tried again; no go. Using the check mark with the desired string display in the bar does not help me.

How can I disable the auto-complete feature for this effort?

What am I doing incorrectly ?

Regards,

VinceB.