Hello Group:

Steven Ahers made a ref: to AOO BASE within his reply comments to one of my previous posts. I have not seen (m)any postings via the email list with regard to AOO BASE or the several other modules, for that matter.

I have yet to come up with a practical use of the AOO BASE module. I wonder in what way BASE is being used by HomeOffice operators? An application of using BASE for developing a "Telephone Directory" database is what first comes to my mind; I did begin to do that here, but find that AOO CALC is easier for me.

Anyone care to give their list of BASE task applications? Becoming aware of how HomeOffice operators are using BASE would be beneficial to me, and may give me reason to reconsider using a DBM rather than a spreadsheet tool in some instances.

Regards,

VinceB.