On 23/06/17 5:22 AM, QCIT3 MMisonora wrote:
Hello there,
Recently the company I am working for has downloaded your program, OpenOffice
and have tried to open some files we have previously made files on Windows
Excel with your program. However, it took about twenty minutes to load, so I
was wondering why is it loading so slow and how can we make it load faster.

Why it is slow is something we can't answer without seeing the file.
There are a couple of things influence the process time.
1. The amount of data
2. The complexity of the calculations that need to be performed at opening the file. You can switch it of under Tools -> Cell Contents -> AutoCalculate. 3. Once you have opened the Excel file save it in .ods format because a conversion takes always more time that opening in native language. 4. If all of above don't help persuade your employer to buy decent computers.
  The computers we are using are Windows 7 computers that run on a Core 2 Duo
with 2 GB of RAM and a 32-bit Operating System.
Please help,
Emma