On 2017-06-29 15:55, QCIT3 MMisonora wrote:
Hi there,

I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets
say a spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would have
to open that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the
macros still work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel
file with macros and it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Emma

It is very very unlikely that it would work because the internal object models for manipulating a document are different. If all your macro does is say print a number using the print statement or message box, probably; but I hvae not tested it.

Andrew Pitonyak