Is there a special reason why you want to open it with Apache OpenOffice?
You can't just open it with your PDF reader?

If you want to edit it, since you obviously created the file in the first
place, maybe with Apache OpenOffice, I suggest that you open the original
file (ODT or whatever format you usually use), edit it, save it and export
it as a new PDF.

If you didn't keep the original file, remember to do that with documents
you create in the future to avoid this problem. Today's disk drives are so
big that you could store millions of text documents on them, so don't erase
documents just to save space.

And as always, do backups every day. I know, that's another issue, but it
can't be pointed out enough…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg