hello.
did you try to repair openoffice via its installer file or control panel?
in which version, did you see this problem?
i tested openoffice versions 4.1.0 until 4.1.3 and did not have this problem.
i did not test new versions of openoffice until now!
hope that repairing program help to resolve your issue and God bless all!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens