Place the file in the public folder of Dropbox.

Once in there you should be able to copy the location address. Their
instructions are:

The Public folder lets you easily share single files in your Dropbox. Any
file you put in this folder gets its own Internet link that you can share
with others -- even non-Dropbox users!

Step 1:  Drop a file into the Public folder.

Step 2:  Right-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link.
This copies an Internet link to your file that you can paste anywhere:
emails, instant messages, blogs, etc.

That's it! To share your file, just send the link to a friend.

Happy Dropboxing!
- The Dropbox Team